Αυτή η ανάρτηση είναι επίσης διαθέσιμη στο: Greek
- 200 g dark chocolate couverture
- 150 g heavy cream 35% fat
- 125 g hazelnuts, toasted
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 g icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons cognac
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 275 g digestive cookies
For the 1st mixture:
- Chop the chocolate into pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 1 minutes set at 700 watts.
- When ready, stir to combine and create a nice thick ganache. Set aside for about 10-30 minutes, until it cools completely. You don’t want the butter to melt when you add it.
For the 2nd mixture:
- Add the sugar to a nonstick pan in batches. Add 20 g first. As soon as it melts, add another 20 g and wait for it to melt. Continue this process until all of the sugar has been added.
- As soon as the final batch has melted, add the toasted hazelnuts and stir distribute. Quickly and carefully transfer mixture to a nonstick baking pan. It is very hot so do come into contact with it.
- Set aside to let it cool completely.
For the 3rd mixture:
- Beat the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a mixer.
- Add the ganache, cognac and the digestive cookies (cut them in half, do not crush or crumble them.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts in a blender.
- Add them to the mixer’s bowl and gently stir with a spoon.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and spread the mixture along the edge of the sheet.
- Start to roll into a log. Halfway through rolling, add a sheet of plastic wrap to help keep the roll the same size from beginning to end.
- Continue to roll until the log is securely wrapped and tie the ends like a piece of candy.
- Cover in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Please follow and like us: