COOKIE ICE CREAM
Αυτή η ανάρτηση είναι επίσης διαθέσιμη στο: Greek
- Place sandwich cookies in a resealable bag. Crush with a rolling pin into pieces. You don’t want to do this with a blender or food processor because you want the cookie pieces to have different sizes.
- Slice the vanilla bean open with a sharp tipped knife. Remove the seeds and add them to the milk.
- Beat the egg yolks along with half of the sugar and the vanilla in a bowl, using the whisk attachment until combined and fluffy. Add the remaining sugar to a pot along with the milk, sliced vanilla bean and salt. Bring to a boil.
- As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add a large spoonful of the milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture, while whisking continuously with a hand whisk.
- Add another large spoonful and whisk. Then add the rest of the egg yolk mixture to the pot. Place back on low heat until the cream thickens. (If you have a cooking thermometer, it should reach 85* C (185* F)).
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and then add the heavy cream. Mix and transfer to a baking pan.
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap making sure it touches the surface of the cream so that it doesn’t create a film.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until completely chilled.
- Put the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- In a bowl, add a part of the ice cream mixture. Sprinkle the crushed cookie pieces on top. Cover with another layer of the ice cream mixture and another layer of crushed cookie pieces. Repeat the same process in layers until all of the ingredients are finished.
- Put in the freezer until frozen and firm.
Please follow and like us: