CRUNCHY SESAME BAGEL
Αυτή η ανάρτηση είναι επίσης διαθέσιμη στο: Greek
- 150 g hard wheat flour (bread flour)
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 7 ½ g salt
- 35 g sugar
- 275-300 water, room temperature
- 2 packets active dry yeast
Ingredients for the coating process:
- sesame seeds
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 500 g lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 200*C (390*F) Fan.
- Use the mixing bowl from your mixer. Add the water and yeast and mix with a spoon until the yeast has dissolved. Let it rest for 5-6 minutes until the yeast becomes foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl (the hard wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt). Beat them, using the hook attachment, on medium/high. It should take about 7-8 minutes until if forms a soft, elastic dough, which is easy to handle. The dough will start to pull off the bottom.
- Grease the whole interior of a bowl with oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to 1 ½ hours, until it doubles in size.
- Fill a bowl with water (500g). Add the sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves. Add the sesame to a separate bowl.
- Brush some oil on to a clean work surface before setting down the dough. Cut in to about 10 pieces, 80 g each.
- Form smooth balls. Knead each ball by hand, in to a long roll (like a sausage). Bring the two edges together to form a circle. Try to make them all the same size and shape.
- Dip each bagel into the bowl with water and directly into the bowl with sesame seeds.
- Place on to 35×40 cm baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- To serve, brush with melted butter while they are still hot. Try them with blue cheese, feta cheese or pickled grapes!!.
Please follow and like us: